Project Renewal is a leading nonprofit organization known for its creative and entrepreneurial approach to ending homelessness in New York City. Program services provide men, women, and children everything they need to get healthy, find homes, and become employed. The organization focuses on the neediest and least-served of the city's population—people who, in addition to being without a home, cope with mental illness and/or addiction. With a staff of 800+ and an annual budget of $65 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Performance Measurement & Evaluation Intern (paid)
Department: Program Evaluation and Quality Assurance (PEQA
The Program Evaluation and Quality Assurance (PEQA) Department was founded in 2011 to design, implement, and manage the organization’s performance measurement and management systems, as well as support the agency’s needs in evaluation, quality assurance, and compliance. The department’s mission is to enhance the agency’s ability to achieve its mission by developing and facilitating processes and systems that measurably improve the quality and effectiveness of our services and operations, and to support agency leadership in managing towards high performance.
About The Position:
The Performance Measurement & Evaluation Intern will be a part of Project Renewal’s Program Evaluation and Quality Assurance (PEQA) team. The internship is ideal for a graduate student interested in nonprofit management, data analysis, performance measurement & management, or program evaluation.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Assist with management and publication of the organizational dashboards
· Support creation of data collection tools and processes used by programs
· Assist with evaluation planning, data collection & analysis, and reporting findings
· Organize logistics and supporting materials for quarterly performance management discussions
· Conduct research and analyses as needed to support various PEQA projects
Qualifications and Skills:
· Strong quantitative and Microsoft Excel skills required
· Attention to detail, with exceptional analytical, communication and project management skills.
· Current graduate level student with focus on nonprofit management, performance
· management, evaluation, research, statistics, or related field preferred
· Experience with statistical software (e.g. SPSS) and/or data visualization software (e.g. Tableau) preferred
· Basic knowledge of performance management strategies and/or quantitative and qualitative evaluation or statistical approaches preferred.
TO APPLY: Submit a resume and cover letter indicating position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.