Development Intern, Project Renewal
This internship is specifically designed for those with interest in development and event planning. Your role at Project Renewal will be to support the efforts of the Development Team and work closely with both the Special Events Manager and Development Coordinator. You will learn about multiple facets of non-profit fundraising, from events and major gifts to corporate, foundation, and government fundraising.
Primary responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Help the development team to cultivate, engage and retain new and existing donors
· Build our social media presence by creating content and communicating with supporters
· Assist Special Events Manager with coordination of multiple events on and off site
· Research potential sponsors and vendors for events
· Assist with the stewardship of current funders
· Support the Development Team with other related administrative projects
Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
Must be available in office at least 2-3 days a week with ability to start the internship in January 2017.
Some experience with social media/video editing desired
College student or recent college graduate, with a major in communications, marketing, public relations, business or relevant field. The ideal candidate will be an enthusiastic, detail-oriented, reliable, and proactive team player with a demonstrated talent in creative thinking and leadership. Good computer skills a must. Interest in community services, homelessness strongly preferred.
This is a paid internship. However, course credit may be available from your educational institution if desired instead.
Apply By Email: Careers@projectrenewal.org