Next Step, Project Renewal’s award-winning Job Placement program, places homeless, formerly homeless, and low-income individuals in competitive employment. Next Step’s Employment & Vocational Specialists are a vital part of the dynamic team that provides job readiness and job placement services to our client base.
The Employment & Vocational Specialist works with clients to develop realistic, individualized job-search plans which accurately reflect the client’s professional skills and interests. The Employment & Vocational Specialist identifies employment opportunities for clients. He/she will spend a significant amount of time each week in the field visiting prospective employers and developing employer relationships. She/he will also research job search databases to identify interview opportunities for individual clients. The Employment & Vocational Specialist will then work closely with clients to set up interviews and coach them through the job search process.
Specific duties include (but are not limited to):
- Preparing clients for employment and placing them into jobs that meet program goals
- Establishing a network of employers across various sectors who will provide job opportunities for clients
- Managing a caseload of clients and meeting job placement goals
- Developing employer partners specifically in the social service sector to support training and placement initiatives in this field
- Developing job orders specifically aligned with the skills and interests of clients
- Meeting with clients individually to develop a customized job search plan
- Assisting clients in developing their job readiness skills and preparing them for the workforce
- Preparing clients for specific job interviews by means of activities such as mock interviews, and ensuring that clients have all necessary applications, resumes, documentation and job search paperwork
- Maintaining timely and detailed case records for each client in the Salesforce database system, including documenting job search and follow-up activity
- Representing Project Renewal at job fairs and other public forums
- Coordinating recruitment and hiring events with employer network
- Following up on job placements to monitor employer and client satisfaction
- B.A. in human resources, social work, business or marketing preferred. Other degrees will be considered.
- Prior experience in sales, social work or human resources preferred.
- Ability to effectively develop job orders for low-skilled job seekers required.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to professionally interact with a wide range of diverse individuals required.
- Computer proficiency is a must.
All interested parties should send a resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com with Next Step Employment & Vocational Specialist in the subject line.