POSITION: Performance Analyst
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Performance Analyst reports to the Director of Performance Measurement and Evaluation. This position will work with a variety of programs to develop processes and tools to assist in evaluating program effectiveness, monitoring program performance, and empowering employees at all levels of the organization work collectively to accomplish the agency’s mission. S/He will coordinate many of the organization’s existing performance measurement and management systems and work with select programs on implementing evaluations.
This person will be a dedicated non-profit professional with real world experience working with health and human service programs, will have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills, and will have strong quantitative and technology skills. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, proactively identifies and resolves issues, and is able to lead group processes that result in positive and collaborative problem solving.
Performance Measurement and Management (PMM)
- Assist with management and publication of organizational dashboards.
- Support development of data collection tools and processes used by programs.
- Collaborate on designing and developing new report and dashboard solutions in conjunction with program leadership and the IT department to ensure that employees at all levels of the organization have the information they need to make decisions.
- Assist programs in understanding and implementing evaluation and performance measurement and management tools, including activities such as identifying evaluation needs, data collection, data reporting, interpreting findings, improvement plan development, etc.
- Support preparation and facilitation of performance workshops.
- Participate in planning, design, implementation, and follow up of a wide variety of evaluative activities.
- Support evaluation activities through developing tools, documenting processes, and conducting relevant research.
- Analyze and provide feedback on data from a variety of data collection and evaluation activities.
Capacity Building activities
- Collaborate with training, IT, and quality assurance staff to help design and conduct trainings and other capacity building activities around a variety of topics, including, but not limited to: PMM, database usage, evaluation, and program planning.
-Provide support on a variety of management and evaluation topics.
- Conduct research and analyses as needed to support various PEQA projects.
- Perform analyses for agency-wide data requests.
- Support data integrity and quality assurance efforts.
- Participate as a member of the PEQA team and support other department efforts that require data and evaluation projects.
- Assist as needed on ad hoc projects.
The ideal candidate will have a commitment to the mission of Project Renewal and passion for data driven management in order to improve Project Renewal’s ability to fully achieve that mission.
Specific minimum requirements include:
- Applicants must have a BA/BS degree.
- Knowledge of performance measurement and management approaches.
- Strong quantitative and Microsoft Excel skills.
- Proven track record in building and maintaining partnerships and teams that achieve tangible results.
- Exceptionally strong interpersonal and communication skills as well as an ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders, understanding and incorporating diverse points of view, styles and approaches.
-Attention to detail, with exceptional analytical, organizational, communication and project management skills.
Preferred knowledge, skills, and abilities include:
-Master’s degree in a related field.
-Experience in human services program management, evaluation, homeless services, consulting, or related field.
- Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative evaluation approaches and experience in conducting evaluations.
-Experience working with programs that serve adults with mental health and/or substance use issues.
- Experience using statistical packages and/or data visualization software.
New York, NY
Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
Submit a resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to email@example.com
ABOUT PROJECT RENEWAL:
Project Renewal is a leading nonprofit organization known for its creative and entrepreneurial approach to ending homelessness in New York City. Program services provide men, women, and children everything they need to get healthy, find homes, and become employed. The organization focuses on the neediest and least-served of the city's population—people who, in addition to being without a home, cope with mental illness and/or addiction. With a staff of 800+ and an annual budget of $65 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
The Program Evaluation and Quality Assurance (PEQA) Department was founded in 2011 to design, implement, and manage the organization’s performance measurement and management systems, as well as support the agency’s needs in evaluation, quality assurance, and compliance. The department’s mission is to enhance the agency’s ability to achieve its mission by developing and facilitating processes and systems that measurably improve the quality and effectiveness of our services and operations, and to support agency leadership in managing towards high performance.