Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Clinical Coordinator/Mental Health Services
Program: Geffner House
Reports to: Senior Clinical Director
Hours: 35 hours/week, Monday‐Friday
Geffner House is a 307 unit supportive Single Room Occupancy (SRO) building that provides permanent housing for low income men and women, including people with serious and persistent mental illness; individuals who are recovering from drug or alcohol addiction; and people who are living with HIV/AIDS. Tenants are offered a comprehensive array of services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintains an assigned caseload of clients; including maintaining records and up to date documentation, develop service plans and assist client with community referrals and advocate for client needs.
· Provide supervision to case managers regarding mental health intervention and treatment planning in scheduled monthly supervision meetings.
· Provide monthly in service training
· Supervise yearly psycho-social assessments with special consideration to accurate detection, diagnosis, and treatment of mental health disorders.
· Represent site in the community of mental health and addiction professionals.
Education and Skills
1. Masters in social work, psychology, or mental health from an accredited college or university.
2. Minimum of three years working with mental illness, addiction, HIV/AIDS, homeless and other priority populations preferred
3. CASAC preferred
4. Foothold A.W.A.R.D.S and or/similar software
5. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
6. Extensive knowledge of mental health diagnostic standards per current DSM and ICD
7. Fluency in Spanish
To apply: submit resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com EOE.
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.