Project Renewal is a leading nonprofit organization known for a creative and entrepreneurial approach to ending homelessness in New York City. Our programs empower homeless and at-risk men, women and children by giving them everything they need to attain health, homes, and jobs. Through innovative, exhaustive, wraparound social services, Project Renewal addresses the needs of 15,000 clients each year. We meet the most vulnerable New Yorker’s where they are and provide them with the tools they need, buttressing their capacity to live independently.
This candidate will oversee the administrative and clinical aspects of Licensed Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses who are working within Project Renewal’s Healthcare Department
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Oversees the management of all medication system for all Nurses and process to asses each client’s knowledge of medications and ability to self-administer medications
- Provides medication teaching as needed to RNs, LPNs and facility Staff
- Participates in weekly clinical meetings as is manageable
- As needed, this candidate will assist in triaging psychiatric, medical and substance abuse problems to appropriate providers.
- Provides ongoing health education and support to Nursing staff
- Maintains documentation in compliance with agency policies and procedures.
- Manages requirements for audits, grants and reports as requested by funding agencies and regulating entities
- Works closely with the Chief Medical Officer and Director of Healthcare Planning and Operations to develop systems for healthcare within Project Renewal
- Nurse Practitioner -New York State License
- Experience working with homeless, mentally ill and substance abuse men and women living in shelters, transitional and permanent housing programs
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.