Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Leona Blanche House is an OMH licensed transitional residence that provides housing and rehabilitative support services to 53 formerly homeless, chronically mentally ill single adults, some of whom have co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides individual supervision to case managers and case aides to ensure the provision of services, including: training, assistance, support, and related clinical interventions, and document supervisory minutes.
· Screens admission packets, and conducts interviews for prospective residents. Oversees admissions and discharges.
· Lead in assessing the needs and strengths of residents and helps the assigned case manager work with residents to set goals and objectives.
· Ensures that chart documentation is in compliance at all times, review service plans and service plan reviews in a timely fashion.
· Ensures that at least 2 progress notes are written by case managers each week, that reflect goals and objectives identified in consumers’ service plan.
· Ensures that clients are linked to all necessary ancillary services including psychiatric, medical and dental treatment, vocational and educational resources, and legal and financial entitlements.
· Provides crisis intervention to ensure the safety of residents and staff.
· On call for all clinical and building emergencies
· Master’s Degree in Social Work or a related field
· Minimum of two years of experience working with a psychiatric population, preferably in a residential setting.
· Supervisory experience required.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
· Knowledge of case management software
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.