Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Program Aide/Residential Aide
Program: New Providence Women’s Shelter
New Providence Women’s Shelter is a 130 bed 24/7 emergency shelter for homeless women diagnosed with mental illness and/or substance abuse. Our comprehensive services include case management, individual and group counseling, recreational activities and housing placement assistance. Additionally, an on-site medical and psychiatric clinic operates Monday through Friday, staffed by a nurse, primary care physician and two psychiatric nurse practitioners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Program Aide include but are not limited to the following
· Coordinate and ensures the overall cleanliness and good order of the facility
· Coordinate and verifies client movement in the facility in conjunction with other operation and clinical staff
· Reports incidents, accidents and client/resident concerns or problems immediately via incident report and/or log book
· Distribute and document the receipt of clients’/residents’ mail and packages
· Conducts inspection for contraband according to established organizational policy
· Conduct rounds throughout the facility and surrounding areas every 15minutes
· Complete “Room Runs” to assess cleanliness, safety and operating order of plant structure, plumbing, fire extinguishers, and safety kits
· Overnight shift ensures that all movement and count sheets are accurate
· Monitor client self-administration of prescription and over-the-counter medications
· Manages CARES, the DHS client database
· Must be available to work as needed or when the work schedule rotates to meet facility needs
· All candidates must have a High School Diploma/GED from an accredited college or university
· Associates degree in Social Work or other human services field is preferred
· A minimum of three years of experience working with homeless Mentally Ill and Chemical Affected also known as (MICA) individuals or other special needs populations preferred
· Knowledge of case management software’s, as well as a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.