Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Case Manager
Program: Marsha’s House
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Case Manager include but are not limited to the following activities:
- Assigned a caseload of 25-28 clients.
- Responsible for engaging, interviewing, assessing and developing Independent Living Plans (ILP) for each client;
- Referring clients to services established in the ILP and following up with client and referral agency regarding progress.
- Meeting with client at a minimum of twice a month and documenting all client contact in CARES; ensuring client complies with goals established in his ILP.
- Assisting the client in gathering documentation required for entitlements and housing applications.
- Provide crisis intervention-call crisis support for clinical “emergencies.
Required Experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 1-2 years paid or volunteer experience working with homeless or LGBTQ community
· Knowledge of case management software as well as Microsoft Office Suite
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.