Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Case Manager
Program: Geffner House
Geffner House is a 307 unit supportive Single Room Occupancy (SRO) building that provides permanent housing for low income men and women, including people with serious and persistent mental illness; individuals who are recovering from drug or alcohol addiction; and people who are living with HIV/AIDS. Tenants are offered a comprehensive array of services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Case Manager include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Provides intake, psychosocial and substance abuse assessments to tenants and develops an appropriate treatment plan for each tenant in the assigned caseload.
· Makes home visits, coordinates medical, psychiatric and substance abuse services.
· Monitors medication compliance as necessary.
· Maintains up to date written information or case notes on contacts with the tenants and any other required information, and enters all contacts and interventions into the FOOTHOLD/AWARDS system.
· Conducts individual and group supportive counseling sessions.
· Organizes and educates tenants through groups and other activities presenting issues of interest to the tenants such as money management, employment opportunities etc.
· Links tenants to community services.
· A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in social work, psychology or related human services
- A Master’s degree in social work, psychology, or related human services field preferred
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience working with a special needs population, especially individuals with a history of homelessness and mental illness or substance addiction.
- Knowledge of case management software, and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Fluency in Spanish is a plus.
To apply: Submit resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who wants to complete clinical hours towards their LCSW and/or CASAC!
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.