Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Residential Aid Supervisor
Program: East Third Street
The 3rd Street Men’s Shelter hosts 175 sleeping beds. The facility houses 3 sleeping floors which include the 3rd, 5th and 6th floor. The 175 men are chemically dependent individuals with varying levels of mental health issues. The shelter operates via DHS funding and therefore follows all DHS policies and procedures. The shelter focuses on assisting the men whom reside within the facility, to achieve independence from the shelter system while maintaining sobriety from alcohol and other controlled substances. The 3rd Street Men’s Shelter also helps clients identify and pursue goals in areas such as health, housing, employment and education.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Residential Aide Supervisor include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Perform all Residential Aid duties
· Oversee operations of facility, including emergencies
· Supervise and train Residential Aides
· Coordinate schedule floor post as well as lunch/breaks
· Facilitate team meetings and one-on-one supervision
· Serve as liaison between all departments
· Ensure compliance with all DHS requirements and procedures
· Report directly to Assistant Director and Program Director
· Work flexible days and hours during weekdays and holidays
· Minimum High School Diploma or equivalent
· Certification in First Aid/CPR, Fire Safety, or security preferred
· Experience working with chemical dependence or mental illness is a plus
· Spanish fluency and a valid NYS driver’s license is a plus
To Apply: Submit a resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.