Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Driver/Housing Assistant
Program: Ana’s Place
Ana’s Place is a 108 bed 24/7 emergency shelter for homeless men diagnosed with mental illness and/or substance abuse. Our comprehensive services include case management, individual and group counseling, recreational activities and housing placement assistance. Additionally, psychiatric services are provided Monday through Friday, staffed by a psychiatric provider(s), registered nurse, and a licensed practical nurse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Driver/Housing Assistant include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Responsible for transporting clients to housing interviews, recreational activities, and other appointments as needed.
· Responsible for the maintenance and cleanliness of the vehicle.
· Maintains records of mileage, gas usage, repairs and maintenance checks.
· Responsible for local pick-up and delivery of supplies and equipment as needed.
· Shares driving schedules with appropriate staff including administration.
· Provides regular monthly reports to site Director and Director of transportation.
· Participates with team and attends meetings as required.
· Communicates with Social Services team to discuss client concerns or clients progress.
Education and Skills Requirements
· High School Diploma/GED
· Candidate must have a valid New York State driver’s license free of moving violations.
· Experience working with mentally ill/MICA adults is preferred.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.