Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Case Manager Jr.
Program: East Third Street Men’s Shelter
East Third Street is an emergency men’s shelter which helps 175 individuals with substance abuse histories work towards health, sobriety, and, ultimately, permanent housing and employment. In addition to lodging and three meals a day, clients receive comprehensive case management services, plus an array of on-site substance abuse related and health care services provided by different programs; such as Medically Supervised Outpatient Withdrawal Services, (MSOWS), Chemical Dependency Crisis Service (CDCS), and Outpatient Recovery Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Case Manager Jr. include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Conducts intake and assessments, including psycho-social evaluations for a case load of up to 18 clients..
· Provides case management services and assists in the creation of and adherence to their Individual Living Plans, identifying short and long term objectives to be achieved.
· Inputs all client information and updates into the CARES system.
· Counsels clients through individualized and group sessions on issues such as achieving personal goals, finding permanent or alternative housing, maintaining sobriety, complying with medication protocols and pursuing employment opportunities.
· Maintains liaison with representatives from community organizations and service and housing providers.
· Organizes and educates clients through group activities and other events.
· Maintains accurate and up to date written client documentation as required by and in accordance with city and state oversight agency guidelines.
· Provides escort to drive clients to meetings and appointments
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Social Services or the Senior Case Manager.
Education and Experience Requirements
1. High School/GED Diploma and experience as described in item 1 below.
2. Associate’s Degree preferred
3. Two (2) years of experience working with homeless adults and/or substance abuse populations.
· Knowledge of case management software as well as Microsoft Office Suite
· Bilingual or multilingual a plus
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org