SUMMARY: The Medical Assistant will manage all aspects of consumer insurance and billing of services received at Project Renewal’s detoxification programs. The Medical Assistant’s main responsibilities include: processing and verifying consumer insurance, assisting in applying to Medicaid, obtaining restriction letters from providers, as well as processing proper service authorizations from manage care plans for aftercare referrals.
The ideal candidate will be a person with exceptional communication skills to answer inquiries from insurance companies, meet with consumers, and serve as a liaison and advocate for client services. Knowledge of medical terminology, as well as ICD 10 diagnostic codes required. Prior experience working with homeless population and in a detoxification program strongly preferred. The Medical Assistant reports to the program director for detoxification services.
- Meet with clients to assist in applying for Medicaid and follow ups as required
- Verify and process client’s insurance for payment
- Contact providers to lift Medicaid restrictions in order to bill for services
- Communicate with Insurance to obtain service authorization to further treatment for clients being discharged to another program
- Enter all necessary billing data and maintain accurate patient data base
- Coordinate and communicate with Project Renewal’s billing department
- Provide advocacy for clients and serve as a liaison.
KNOWLEDGE AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Graduate of a medical assistant training program
- Preference given to Certified Medical Assistants
- Prior healthcare experience preferred
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Exceptional organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to set priorities and follow up
- Related experience
- Computer literate
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE