Next Step ACE is an employment program for individuals with serious mental illness who seek meaningful jobs in competitive employment. The Placement Specialist is responsible for job development and placement for all ACE clients, as well as meeting with clients to discuss their vocational goals and job search activities. The Placement Specialist will also assist with outreach and recruitment efforts to help enroll new clients and maintain our census.
The ACE program, with offices on Varick Street in Manhattan and one satellite office in the Bronx, provides end-to-end employment services, including one-on-one specialized vocational training, job placement, work-related retention/support, peer and individual counseling. Vocational training includes skills/capability assessment and training in cognitive skills, basic life skills, resume preparation, interview preparation, job readiness, benefits advisement, and money management.
ACE is part of Project Renewal’s Next Step employment program, which includes job placement and training services, adult basic education, computer classes and job retention services. The ACE program, while operating independently from these services, is closely integrated with these programs.
The Placement Specialist duties include, but are not limited to:
- Placing clients into jobs that result in achieving the job placement & retention milestone goals
- Establishing a network of employers who will provide job opportunities for ACE clients
Following up on job placements to monitor job retention & satisfaction of employers/clients
- Developing bank of job orders specifically aligned with the skills & interests of the ACE caseload
Meeting weekly with active clients to discuss job search activities, arrange & prepare for interviews, practice interviewing skills, complete job applications, & discuss past interviews
- Conducting outreach & recruitment to facilitate enrollments in ACE program
- Maintaining timely & objective records in Salesforce & other databases as required by various funding sources
Meeting with clients individually to develop a customized job search plan
- Organizing on-site hiring events with employer network
- Representing the agency at community events such as open houses, job fairs, & other public forums
Bachelor’s Degree required (Master’s preferred) in vocational counseling, mental health, social work or related field.
Previous experience in vocational counseling and/or working with individuals with serious mental illness or similar population is essential.
Computer proficiency is a must.
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com EOE