Next Step, Project Renewal’s award-winning job placement program, places individuals at-risk of homelessness into competitive employment. Next Step is adding a Service Coordinator to the team to specifically serve individuals receiving public assistance, who are interested in obtaining employment in the social service field. The Service Coordinator will facilitate referrals, orientation, case management, job readiness preparation, job placement, and retention support to this client base. The Service Coordinator will also serve as the primary liaison with the referral source.
Specific duties include (but are not limited to):
- Preparing clients for employment and facilitating placements into jobs that meet program goals
- Managing a caseload of clients and meeting performance goals including job placement and job retention milestones
- Facilitating job search activities and workshops aligned with clients’ career goals
- Visiting referral sites to facilitate information sessions, orientations, and intakes
- Assisting clients in developing their job readiness skills and preparing them for the workforce through case management, vocational counseling, and job readiness workshops
- Collaborating with referral sites on addressing clients’ needs
- Providing job retention services for up to one-year for employed clients
- Providing timely reports and documentation, including attendance records, to referral sources
- Collecting documentation that verifies job placement and retention milestones for performance outcomes and billing purposes
- Maintaining timely and detailed case records for each client in the Salesforce database system, and other systems as required
- Representing Project Renewal at various consortiums and industry events
- B.A. degree required.
- Prior case management experience in social services strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to professionally interact with a wide range of diverse individuals.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency is a must.
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE.