Under the general direction of the Director, the Entitlements Coordinator is responsible for acting as a resource for both clients and staff to inform them of the various city, state and federal entitlement programs; performing annual lease renewals and re-certifications; performing related duties.
Essential Duties and responsibilities:
· Providing tenants with information and direction on acquiring and maintaining entitlements with city, state and federal entitlement programs.
· Assisting tenants with entitlements, including applying for and maintaining rent subsidies and other entitlements with city, state and federal programs, and with certifications and re-certifications.
· Providing up to date information about city, state and federal entitlement programs to the Director, building management, clinical and counseling staff, and property management staff.
· Completing the annual renewal of leases, including rent calculations and preparation of renewal lease documents.
· Assisting with the annual re-certifications of all tenants, compliance requirements, and grant maintenance tasks.
· Investigating and resolving tenant issues and disputes, including requests for rent adjustments.
· Tracking, processing, and analyzing rent and subsidy payments.
· Submitting, tracking and processing contract rent adjustment requests for subsidy programs.
· Insuring accuracy and timeliness of subsidy payments from city, state and federal agencies, including the Department of Housing Preservation and Development (HPD) and the New York City Housing Authority (NYCHA).
· Entering, maintaining, and updating rent account data in the agency’s property management software.
· Assisting with eligibility determinations and processing applications for low-income housing.
· Acting as Liaison to agency’s Fiscal Office as well as to local representatives of city, state and federal entitlements programs, including HPD, NYCHA. Social Security, Medicaid and HUD.
· Tracking and processing data, generating monthly rent statements, and preparing and submitting reports.
· Serving as primary property management contact for tenant and staff at one or more facilities.
· Other duties as assigned by Director or supervisory staff.
1. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; or
2. Associate’s degree and one year of relevant experience such as working with special needs populations; or
3. High School Diploma or GED and two years of relevant experience such as working with special needs populations.
Preferred skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel; knowledge of case management and property management databases, including FOOTHOLD/AWARDS and MDS; experience working on entitlements and in housing management; familiarity with LIHTC requirements.
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com EOE