Under the general direction of the department Director, the Entitlements Coordinator is responsible for acting as a resource for both clients and staff to inform them of the various city, state and federal entitlement programs; performing annual lease renewals and re-certifications; performs related duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Reviewing housing applications and making initial eligibility determinations for applicants referred by the Department of Homeless Services (DHS) and other government agencies.
· Making eligibility determinations, processing applications, and developing and maintaining waiting lists for low-income housing.
· Coordinating intake and move-in processes, including scheduling intake interviews and move-ins; inputting appointments and updates into the FOOTHOLD/AWARDS system; preparing initial lease and move-in documents; coordinating room readiness with maintenance staff; and conducting orientation for new tenants.
· Assisting tenants with entitlements, Shelter Plus Care and section 8 applications, as well as with certifications and re-certifications.
· Providing tenants and clients with information and direction in acquiring and maintaining entitlements with city, state and federal entitlement programs.
· Providing up to date information about city, state and federal entitlement programs to the Director, building management, clinical and counseling staff, and property management staff.
· Entering, maintaining, and updating rent account data in the agency’s property management software.
· Tracking, processing, and analyzing rent and rent subsidy payments.
· Acting as Liaison to agency’s Fiscal Office, as well as with local representatives of city, state and federal entitlements programs, including Social Security, Medicaid and HUD.
· Serving as Liaison to city housing placement specialist.
· Tracking vacancies, processing data, generating monthly rent statements, and preparing and submitting reports.
· Investigating and resolving tenant issues and disputes.
· Facilitate and coordinate tenant satisfaction assessments, including development of surveys and other tools.
· Coordinating and assisting with lease renewals, compliance requirements, and grant maintenance tasks.
· Manage tenant security deposits and vouchers, including establishing or closing security deposit accounts and redeeming vouchers.
· Serving as primary property management contact for tenant and staff at one or more facilities.
· Other duties as assigned by Director or supervisory staff.
1. A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; or
2. Associate’s degree and one year of relevant experience such as working with special needs populations; or
3. High School Diploma or GED and two years of relevant experience such as working with special needs populations.
Preferred skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills; proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel; knowledge of case management and property management databases, including FOOTHOLD/AWARDS and MDS; experience working on entitlements and in housing management; familiarity with LIHTC requirements.
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE