Outreach and Enrollment Specialist
The Outreach and Enrollment Specialist will be responsible for oversight of the Centralized Intake/ Outreach Program which entails scheduling outreach events, processing referrals, and overseeing the intake team. Ultimately this position requires time in the field to ensure the steady flow of participants in each of Next Step’s contracts.
Next Step is Project Renewal’s award-winning job placement program which places homeless, formerly homeless, and low-income individuals in competitive employment. Since 2000, Project Renewal has helped nearly 5,000 New Yorkers find and retain employment, achieve economic security, lead more fulfilling lives, and positively contribute to their communities.
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Next Step, duties include, but are not limited to:
· Recruiting, training, and directly supervising the team of Next Step Counselors and interns.
· Recruiting clients into the Next Step Program and managing the centralized intake process.
· Developing and maintaining contacts with a wide network of partner agencies that refer clients to Next Step. This includes meeting with partner agencies both inside and outside of Project Renewal.
· Designing presentation materials that represent the breadth of Next Step programs. Presenting these materials to external and internal referral sources.
· Monitoring the outreach to enrollment time-cycle.
· Closely managing the team to ensure timely and accurate intake appointments, as well as ongoing quality case management service.
· Auditing case files to ensure accurate data entry.
· Maintaining various reports and monitoring program performance outcomes including: weekly/monthly reports that monitor client progress/milestones and monitoring of the Next Step caseloads with respect to referrals, enrollments, assignments, and outcomes.
· Conducting intakes and case management as needed.
· Maintaining working relationships with Americorps affiliates such as AVODAH and Public Allies.
· Utilizing required database systems for government contracts.
· May be assigned other duties as needed.
· B.A. degree required.
· Excellent presentation and communication skills required.
· Prior experience in social services is required.
· Supervisory experience is highly preferred.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint) is essential.
· Good working knowledge of Salesforce database preferred.
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org