JOB DEVELOPER, NEXT STEP ACE PROGRAM
Next Step ACE is an employment program for individuals with serious mental illness who seek meaningful jobs in competitive employment. The Job Developer is primarily responsible for job development and placement of clients. The Job Developer also assists with outreach and recruitment efforts to help enroll new clients and maintain our census.
The ACE program, with offices in Manhattan and a satellite office in the Bronx, provides end-to-end employment services including one-on-one specialized vocational training, job placement, job retention support, peer and individual counseling. Vocational training includes skills/capability assessment and training in basic life skills, resume preparation, interview preparation, job readiness, benefits advisement, and money management. ACE is part of Project Renewal’s Next Step employment program, which also includes adult basic education, computer classes and job retention services. The ACE program, while operating independently, is closely integrated with these programs.
The Job Developer duties include, but are not limited to:
· Placing clients into jobs that result in achieving job placement and retention milestone goals
· Establishing a network of employers who will provide job opportunities that are aligned with the skills and interests of ACE clients
· Following up on job placements to monitor job retention and satisfaction of employers/clients
· Meeting with clients individually to develop a customized job search plan
· Meeting weekly with clients to discuss job search activities, arrange job interviews, practice interviewing skills, develop resumes, complete job applications, and discuss past interviews
· Conducting outreach and representing the agency at community events to facilitate employer leads and referrals
· Maintaining timely and objective records in Salesforce and other databases as required by various funding sources
· Organizing on-site hiring events with employer network
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· One to three years of previous experience in job development, vocational counseling, and/or working with individuals with serious mental illness or similar population is essential.
· Computer proficiency is a must.
All interested parties should send a resume and cover letter via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Next Step ACE Job Developer in the subject line.