Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 800 and an annual budget of $50 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Assistant Director, Property Management
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to supervise property management activities for Project Renewal's residential programs, under the direction of the Director of Legal Affairs and Property Management.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
· Implement Project Renewal's Property Management systems, policies and procedures.
· Work with the Director of Legal Affairs and Property Management to develop property management systems, policies and procedures.
· Work with the Director of Legal Affairs and Property Management to prepare individual property management plans for each property/project that reflect Project Renewal's mission and financial goals.
· Supervise Property Management staff with aim of achieving Project Renewal's goals and benchmarks in compliance, rent collection, occupancy and other Property Management-related areas.
· Monitor Property Management performance on a regular basis to ensure that it meets Project Renewal's property management standards and benchmarks.
· Report on Property Management performance on a regular basis.
· Develop plans, as necessary, to modify procedures and/or take other steps to meet or exceed performance standards.
· Ensure compliance with all statutory and funders' regulatory and contractual requirements related to property management.
· Work closely with the Director of Facilities Management on projects or tasks that overlap the two units.
· Work with the Director of Legal Affairs and Property Management to develop and oversee property management budgets.
· Assist the Director of Legal Affairs and Property Management in preparation of annual audits and responses.
· Assist the Director of Legal Affairs and Property Management and the Director of Real Estate Development on major physical plant issues, new construction and capital improvement projects and to oversee asset disposition process.
Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field with minimum 4+ years of experience in property management in a not-for-profit environment, preferably a supportive housing environment. Graduate degree in relevant field may be considered in lieu of property management experience in a not-for-profit environment.
· Minimum 2+ years of supervisory experience required.
· In-depth knowledge of fair housing laws, public subsidy programs, LIHTC project management, certification, compliance and reporting requirements.
· Strong verbal, writing, financial and analytical skills.
· Experience in developing and managing budgets.
· Ability to set objectives, develop plans, and implement strategies to achieve goals.
· Ability to work independently to develop tools to measure progress in achieving goals.
· Ability to manage conflict and high-pressure situations.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, etc.).
· Excellent organization and communication skills.
· LIHTC certification strongly preferred.
To apply, submit your resume with a cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com EOE