Title: Program Director
Programs: Leona Blanche House & Bronx Supported Scattered-Site Housing Program
Leona Blanche House is an OMH licensed, transitional residence that provides housing and rehabilitative support services to 53 formerly homeless, chronically mentally ill single adults, some of whom have co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
The Bronx Supported Housing Program provides permanent housing and supportive services to 20 single adults diagnosed with chronic mental illness and other co-morbid conditions.
Under the supervision of the Director of Mental Health Housing, the Program Director will be responsible for overall supervision and oversight of the day-to-day operation of both the transitional and permanent housing programs including the reporting of facility maintenance, repair, and renovation needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Full administration ofLeona Blanche and Bronx Supported Housing personnel (hiring; supervision; disciplinary action).
· Conduct continuous needs assessment for program development/evaluation and conformance with local and state regulations and reporting requirements.
· Provide staff training and development to ensure suitable implementation and evaluation of evidence-based best practices
· Regularly evaluate staff performance and promote professional growth.
· Develop and oversee monitoring systems for service fee collection, PNA distribution, and arrear tracking per agency guidelines.
· Develop tracking systems and complete internal/external statistical, quality assurance, and incident reporting.
· Oversee purchase of program services and supplies within contractual guidelines.
· Promote positive community relations which may include participation in community board and local precinct meetings.
· On call for all clinical and building emergencies.
A Master’s Degree in Social Work or a related field and a minimum of five years of experience working with a psychiatric population. Candidates’ experience must include three years in a clinical/administrative supervisory role, preferably in a residential setting.
Excellent oral and written communication skills; strong organizational, leadership, and team building skills; ability to work well in a highly pressured environment; ability to interface with clients as well as all levels of staff; proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; and knowledge of case management software.
Job duties generally require the physical activities described below, subject to any necessary reasonable accommodations due to disability.While performing the duties of this position, the Program Director is required to travel frequently using the New York City public transportation system. While on-site at Fletcher Residence, the Director may be required to climb up to three flights of stairs. The Program Director must also be able to sit for extended periods of time working at the computer or making phone calls, as well as bend, reach and or squat to get information from the files.
To apply, submit your resume with a cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE