Project Renewal Health Services
Title: Physician – Primary Care Medicine/Internal Medicine/Family Practice
The Primary Care Physician is responsible for the examination, diagnosis and the treatment of patients within the scope of the Health Center.
- Provides medical diagnoses, treatment and advice to patients in accordance with New York State regulations and the scope of training of the clinician.
- Responsible for consulting with the appropriate medical specialists, when deemed necessary according to the Health Center protocol.
- Prescribes and/or dispenses required medication to patients.
- Provides medical supervision to the assigned clinical team leaders.
- Directs, organizes and participates in preventive health programs.
- Participates in the development and implementation of quality assurance management and utilization review.
- Participates in community outreach programs.
- Contributes to the overall functioning of the department.
- Maintains patient records in accordance with the policies of the department.
- Maintains all New York State and federal licensing requirements as current according with the department’s credentialing policy.
- Maintains current certification in Basic Life Support and Advanced Cardiac Life Support.
- Performs related work as required.
- Completes 30 annual Continuing Medical Education credits.
- Participates in Departmental meetings and conferences.
Activity and Knowledge Requirements:
Job duties generally require the physical activities described below, subject to any necessary reasonable accommodation due to disability. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to manipulate objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
· M.D. or DO Board certified in internal medicine or family practice (Required)
· Licensed to practice medicine in the State of New York (Required)
· Related experience
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Computer literate
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com EOE