Renewal House provides subsidized housing and supportive services to 50 formerly homeless men in a congregate care setting; participants have been diagnosed with a substance abuse disorder and have completed or are engaged in treatment. Staff offer supports designed to increase participants’ quality of life and help them move to more independent housing in the community. Working with Case Managers, Benefit Advocate, and the Program Director, the Vocational/Housing Counselor will work with clients on finding work and permanent housing.
· High School diploma required
· Bachelor’s degree with experience working with homeless and substance use population preferred
· Spanish speaking preferred.
The responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Complete case notes and other paperwork in a timely manner
· Attend and cooperatively and constructively participate in treatment team, supervision meetings, and required training.
· Facilitate a weekly group
· Work with clients to develop a housing plan
· Research and inventory local housing options
· Work with treatment team to determine housing needs and solutions for clients
· Work with clients to develop resumes and interview skills
· Work with clients on applying for jobs and securing full-time employment
· Conduct initial and ongoing vocational assessments, identifying consumers’ interests, strengths, skills, abilities, and unique set of challenges towards the goal of matching the consumer with a job.
· Develop jobs in the community; reach out to and engage potential employers.