The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) works with the clinic team to maintain patient flow, provide patient education and assist providers, as required. The LPN is responsible for nursing care in accordance with medical orders as well as in conformance with recognized nursing techniques and procedures.
- Responsible for the administration of medications including vaccinations.
- Will be aware of the location of all medication and supplies for emergency usage and keep them current.
- Will greet patients and prepare them for clinical examinations and treatment.
- Responsible for assessing and documenting initial health indicators such as height and weight, temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, hearing and vision, etc.
- Responsible for assisting the clinical staff members, as required.
- Responsible for the assessment of patients.
- Will maintain medical supplies, equipment, and date inspection.
- Performs procedures including phlebotomy, injections, PPD testing, finger stick glucose testing, EKGs, and pulse oximetry as ordered by the clinician.
- Performs HIV counseling and testing using a rapid HIV test according to New York State regulations and under the guidance of the HIV Support Services program.
- Responsible for patient education, per the Health Center policies and procedures.
- Will follow-up with missed and canceled appointments via the telephone and/or written correspondence and with patients case managers and outreach workers in coordination with the front office manager.
- Performs related work as required .
- Will work as a functional member of the Health Center team.
- Delivers patient care during admission, physical examination, treatment, and patient follow-up
- Participates in emergency care under the supervision of the Registered Nurse and the Medical Director for Primary Care or designee.
- Attends staff meetings and conferences.
- Maintains vaccine storage according to the requirements of the New York City Department of Health and Mental Hygiene.
- Provides leadership for facility maintenance and cleanliness in compliance with OSHA standards.
- Interfaces with appropriate professional for resolution of issues.
- Documents patient interactions in the Electronic Health Record as indicated.
Activity and Knowledge Requirements
Job duties generally require the physical activities described below, subject to any necessary reasonable accommodation due to disability. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to movement from place to place on the job taking distance and speed into account, ability to maneuver body while in place, handle routine office materials and tools, dexterity of hands and fingers, coordination, including eye-hand, hand-foot.
· L.P.N. or R.N. (Required)
· Licensed to practice in the State of New York (Required)
· Related experience
· Knowledge of Managed Care Services
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Computer literate
To apply, submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com