Project Renewal is a non-profit organization with the mission of ending homelessness by empowering men and women struggling with addiction and/or mental illness to rebuild their lives with renewed health, homes, and jobs.
Title: Operations Shift Supervisor
Program: Ana’s Place
Under the direction of the Assistant Director, the Operations Shift Supervisor performs tasks that enhance communication between operations and clinical staff. The OSS also ensures that established operations procedures are consistently applied across shifts; performs related work.
Ana’s Place is a 108 bed 24/7 emergency shelter for homeless men diagnosed with mental illness and/or substance abuse. Our comprehensive services include case management, individual and group counseling, recreational activities and housing placement assistance. Additionally, an on-site psychiatric team provides services Monday through Friday, staffed by a psychiatrist, nurse practitioner, registered nurse, and a licensed practical nurse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Operations Shift Supervisor include but are not limited to the following activities depending on the on the particular tour of duty:
· Communicates with clinical staff regarding any shift issues affecting the clients, by conducting a comprehensive review of log book and staff observations, recording any changes in behavior of the clients that might be useful to the team.
· Participates in weekly social service meetings as Liaison to operations staff, debriefing any incidents which may need more information.
· Conducts supervisory meetings with all RA supervisors to review procedures and maintain that communication is being consistent across all shifts.
· Ensures that any and all incidents are recorded in the Log Book, but especially that priority incidents are recorded, and the appropriate management staff is notified.
· Reviews incidents with staff to ensure quality control, reporting any inconsistencies to Assistant Director.
· Ensures that electronic shift summaries are completed and all incident reports are inputted coherently.
· Oversees the client storage room and regularly reviews records to ensure accuracy/consistency in documentation
· Oversees the Callahan room to ensure all records are up-to-date and all supplies are accounted for.
· As needed, provides direct assistance to clients can which include helping clients adhere to their daily schedules, and ensuring they are participating in their scheduled activities.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Assistant Director/ Shelter Operations or other senior supervisory staff.
Job duties generally require physical activities described below, subject to any necessary reasonable accommodations due to disability. While performing the duties of the position, the Operations Shift Supervisor must be able to walk the block of the exterior of the building, as well as walk the interior of the building to assist clients and to talk to staff in the various program areas. In addition, the Operations Shift Supervisor must be able to walk between two floors of the facility (24 steps), climbing up and down two staircases, in the event the elevator is out of order. Further, the Operations Shift Supervisor must be able to lift or move material and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds, to sit for extended periods of time at the computer, and to bend or squat to retrieve file records.
A High School Diploma or GED
A minimum of two years of experience working with people diagnosed with mental illness or having a substance abuse addiction. One year of the required experience must have been in a supervisory capacity.
Must have a CPR and Certificate of Fitness for a Fire Guard, F-80, or have it completed within 90 days of starting employment.
Team Building: An ability to work with entry level staff to enhance their skills to work cooperatively with their peers and other staff in order to serve the needs of the clients.
Communication: An ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Interpersonal skills: An ability to listen attentively to staff and clients and to constructively diffuse a tense or combative situation.
Computer: Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, especially e-mail, WORD, and EXCEL.
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE.