Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Project Renewal’s Next Step employment program places homeless, formerly homeless, and low-income individuals in competitive employment. The Next Step Internship Program (NSIP) is an award-winning vocational training program that prepares individuals for careers in social services. NSIP provides sector-based classroom training, paid on-the-job training, industry-recognized credentials, job placement assistance, and career advancement support. NSIP has an 85% graduation rate, 80% job placement rate, and 70% one-year job retention rate. The Coordinator for NSIP will deliver services, supervise staff, and lead the team in expanding this innovative program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Overseeing and facilitating all services related to NSIP including outreach, recruitment, enrollment, case management, workshop facilitation, internship site development, internship assignment, job placement, and retention assistance.
· Managing each internship cohort to ensure program goals are consistently met.
· Supervising and leading the team of NSIP Specialists.
· Ensuring documentation meets all funding/billing requirements.
· Preparing various reports and documentation for funders and community partners.
· Supporting the case management and job placement of program participants.
· Coordinating internship sites and working directly with the sites’ managers to troubleshoot and ensure the success of the interns.
· Enhancing the training curriculum and developing new workshops that aligns with local employer demand.
· Developing employment partners in the social service sector that provide internship opportunities, curriculum guidance, and job opportunities.
· Representing Project Renewal at job fairs, community events, or other public forums.
· Meeting clients individually to ensure they successfully complete the program.
· Conducting recruitment events and facilitating training workshops as needed.
· Bachelor's degree required.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential. Salesforce experience preferred.
· Experience in workforce development programs is required.
· Experience working with special populations including adults with histories of homelessness, substance use, criminal backgrounds, and/or serious mental illness.
· Previous management experience is required.
To apply, forward resume and cover letter to: email@example.com with Coordinator, Next Step Internship Program in the subject line EOE
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.