Project Renewal’s Next Step employment program places homeless, formerly homeless, and low-income individuals in competitive employment. The Next Step Internship Program (NSIP) is an award-winning vocational training program that prepares individuals for careers in social services. NSIP provides sector-based classroom training, paid on-the-job training, industry-recognized credentials, job placement assistance, and career advancement support. NSIP has an 85% graduation rate, 80% job placement rate, and 70% one-year job retention rate. The Coordinator for NSIP will deliver services, supervise staff, and lead the team in expanding this innovative program.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Overseeing and facilitating all services related to NSIP including outreach, recruitment, enrollment, case management, workshop facilitation, internship site development, internship assignment, job placement, and retention assistance.
· Managing each internship cohort to ensure program goals are consistently met.
· Supervising and leading the team of NSIP Specialists.
· Ensuring documentation meets all funding/billing requirements.
· Preparing various reports and documentation for funders and community partners.
· Supporting the case management and job placement of program participants.
· Coordinating internship sites and working directly with the sites’ managers to troubleshoot and ensure the success of the interns.
· Enhancing the training curriculum and developing new workshops that aligns with local employer demand.
· Developing employment partners in the social service sector that provide internship opportunities, curriculum guidance, and job opportunities.
· Representing Project Renewal at job fairs, community events, or other public forums.
· Meeting clients individually to ensure they successfully complete the program.
· Conducting recruitment events and facilitating training workshops as needed.
· Bachelor's degree required.
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office is essential. Salesforce experience preferred.
· Experience in workforce development programs is required.
· Experience working with special populations including adults with histories of homelessness, substance use, criminal backgrounds, and/or serious mental illness.
· Previous management experience is required.
To apply, forward resume and cover letter to: email@example.com Coordinator, Next Step Internship Program in the subject line EOE