Project Renewal is a leading nonprofit organization known for a creative and entrepreneurial approach to ending homelessness in New York City. Our programs empower homeless and at-risk men, women and children by giving them everything they need to attain health, homes, and jobs. Through innovative, exhaustive, wraparound social services, Project Renewal addresses the needs of 15,000 clients each year. We meet the most vulnerable New Yorkers where they are and provide them with the tools they need, buttressing their capacity to live independently.
Under the direction of the Senior Housing Counselor, the Housing Counselor is responsible for establishing and maintaining a constructive relationship with the clients, providing them with assistance to enable them to successfully perform everyday tasks, to address their issues, to stabilize their lives and ultimately to live independently in the community;
Specific duties and responsibilities:
· Provides clients with day to day assistance in handling their affairs and living in their apartments.
· On a weekly basis, participates in the distribution of medications to the clients, and on an on-going basis, monitors the clients’ compliance with taking their medications.
· Works closely with the clinical team to assess and monitor client’s ability to manage their housing situation.
· Monitors actions being taken on the clients’ 6 month housing plan.
· Refers issues with any apartment to the Housing Coordinator for corrective action and or resolution with the Landlord.
· Attends weekly staff meetings to discuss the status of each client with the Director and all other staff members.
· Performs related work as assigned by the Supervisor.
· High School Diploma or equivalent
· Valid New York State Driver’s License preferred
· Prior experience working with mental health consumers preferred
To apply, submit your resume with a cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE