Next Step ACE is an employment program for individuals with serious mental illness who seek meaningful jobs in competitive employment. The Vocational and Placement Specialist is responsible for the preparation, placement, and retention of Bronx clients. The Vocational and Placement Specialist will conduct outreach in the Bronx to identify and secure opportunities for clients, and provide clients with pre- and post-employment support.
The ACE program, with offices in Manhattan and a satellite office in the Bronx, provides end-to-end employment services including one-on-one specialized vocational training, job placement, job retention support, peer and individual counseling. Vocational training includes skills/capability assessment and training in basic life skills, resume preparation, interview preparation, job readiness, benefits advisement, and money management. ACE is part of Project Renewal’s Next Step employment program, which also includes adult basic education, computer classes and job retention services. The ACE program, while operating independently, is closely integrated with these programs.
This position is located in the Bronx and requires some travel to the main office in Manhattan.
The Vocational and Placement Specialist duties include but are not limited to:
· Placing clients into jobs that result in achieving job placement and retention milestone goals
· Establishing a network of employers who will provide job opportunities that are aligned with the skills and interests of ACE clients.
· Providing case management and full range of job preparation activities including discussion of job search activities, arranging job interviews, practicing interviewing skills, resume development, and completion of job applications
· Conducting strengths assessments/intakes with clients to assess vocational skills and limitations and to developcustomized employment plans
· Maintaining timely and objective records in Salesforce and other databases as required by various funding sources
· Providing job retention support for both clients and employers
· Conducting outreach and representing the agency at community events to facilitate employer leads and referrals
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Previous experience in job development and/or vocational counseling.
· One to three years of previous experience working with individuals with serious mental illness or similar population is essential.