Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Next Step ACE is an employment program for individuals with serious mental illness who seek meaningful jobs in competitive employment. The Placement Specialist is responsible for the preparation, placement, and retention of Bronx clients. The Vocational and Placement Specialist will conduct outreach in the Bronx to identify and secure opportunities for clients, and provide clients with pre- and post-employment support.
This position is located in the Bronx and requires some travel to the main office in Manhattan
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The Placement Specialist's duties include but are not limited to:
· Placing clients into jobs that result in achieving job placement and retention milestone goals
· Establishing a network of employers who will provide job opportunities that are aligned with the skills and interests of ACE clients.
· Providing case management and full range of job preparation activities including discussion of job search activities, arranging job interviews, practicing interviewing skills, resume development, and completion of job applications
· Conducting strengths assessments/intakes with clients to assess vocational skills and limitations and to develop customized employment plans
· Maintaining timely and objective records in Salesforce and other databases as required by various funding sources
· Providing job retention support for both clients and employers
· Conducting outreach and representing the agency at community events to facilitate employer leads and referrals
· Bachelor’s Degree required.
· Previous experience in job development and/or vocational counseling.
· One to three years of previous experience working with individuals with serious mental illness or similar population is essential.
· Computer proficiency is a must.
· Ability to travel throughout New York City.
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.