Project Renewal is a non-profit organization with the mission of ending homelessness by empowering men and women struggling with addiction and/or mental illness to rebuild their lives with renewed health, homes, and jobs.
The Fort Washington Men’s Shelter is a 200 bed temporary shelter which Project Renewal manages under a contract with the Department of Homeless Services and the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. Comprehensive psychiatric, medical and case management services are provided to homeless men who have been diagnosed with mental illness and substance abuse.
Under the general direction of the Clinical Director, the Team Leader will provide direct supervision to the Case Managers as well as managing a small caseload to provide assessment, counseling and referral services to the clients at the shelter; ensures that proper protocols are being followed and performs quality assurance activities regarding the delivery of services.
The essential duties of the Team Leader include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Performs a thorough assessment of clients being referred to the shelter to determine their appropriateness for our setting, identify the full range of service needs, and make the assignment to a case manager.
· Provide guidance and direct supervision to an assigned team of Case Managers to ensure assessments, including psycho-social evaluations are being performed, Independent Living Plans are prepared and being followed, referrals to appropriate programs are made, and integration of services is occurring.
· Provide guidance and direction to Housing Specialist to ensure that HRA2010E packages are being generated and being given to DHS as well as other housing providers.
· Assists in quality assurance activities to ensure service milestones/program performance goals are met.
· As part of the 6 month after care services, monitors status of clients placed in the community to ensure successful community integration. Facilitates the provision of any assistance needed to ensure that clients remain housed.
· Ensures that accurate and up to date clinical documents are being maintained and that required data is being inputted in a timely fashion into the CARES system by the Case Managers.
· Attends and participates in the weekly P4P Case Conference meetings on the status of each client.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Shelter Director and Clinical Director.
Education and Skills:
· Master’s Degree in Social Work (LMSW)
· A minimum of four years of experience working with homeless mentally ill adults or other special needs population.
· Must have at least two years of supervisory experience.
· Knowledge of case management softwares as well as a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Our long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other protective basis to the extent required by applicable federal, state and local laws.