Project Renewal is a leading nonprofit organization known for a creative and entrepreneurial approach to ending homelessness in New York City. Our programs empower homeless and at-risk men, women and children by giving them everything they need to attain health, homes, and jobs. Through innovative, exhaustive, wraparound social services, Project Renewal addresses the needs of 15,000 clients each year. We meet the most vulnerable New Yorker's where they are and provide them with the tools they need, buttressing their capacity to live independently.
Leona Blanche House is an OMH licensed, transitional residence that provides housing and rehabilitative support services to 53 formerly homeless, chronically mentally ill single adults, some of whom have co-occurring substance abuse disorders. The Bronx Supported Housing Program provides permanent housing and supportive services to 20 single adults diagnosed with chronic mental illness and other co-morbid conditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Full administration of Leona Blanche and Bronx Supported Housing personnel (hiring; supervision; disciplinary action).
- Conduct continuous needs assessment for program development/evaluation and conformance with local and state regulations and reporting requirements.
- Provide staff training and development to ensure suitable implementation and evaluation of evidence-based best practices
- Regularly evaluate staff performance and promote professional growth.
- Develop and oversee monitoring systems for service fee collection, PNA distribution, and area tracking per agency guidelines.
- Develop tracking systems and complete internal/external statistical, quality assurance, and incident reporting.
- Oversee purchase of program services and supplies within contractual guidelines.
- Promote positive community relations which may include participation in community board and local precinct meetings.
- On call for all clinical and building emergencies.
- A Master’s Degree in Social Work or a related field
- minimum of five years of experience working with a psychiatric population. (Candidates’ experience must include three years in a clinical/administrative supervisory role, preferably in a residential setting.)
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Our long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other protective basis to the extent required by applicable federal, state and local laws.