Project Renewal is a leading nonprofit organization known for a creative and entrepreneurial approach to ending homelessness in New York City. Our programs empower homeless and at-risk men, women and children by giving them everything they need to attain health, homes, and jobs. Through innovative, exhaustive, wraparound social services, Project Renewal addresses the needs of 15,000 clients each year. We meet the most vulnerable New Yorker’s where they are and provide them with the tools they need, buttressing their capacity to live independently.
East Third Street is an emergency men’s shelter which helps 175 individuals with substance abuse histories work towards health, sobriety, and, ultimately, permanent housing and employment. In addition to lodging and three meals a day, clients receive comprehensive case management services, plus an array of on-site substance abuse related and health care services provided by different programs such as Medically Supervised Outpatient Withdrawal Services, (MSOWS), Chemical Dependency Crisis Service (CDCS), and Outpatient Recovery Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Clinical Coordinator include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Review client intake forms regularly for accuracy and complete additional paperwork needed for the completion of case management intakes.
· Audit client charts weekly to ensure adherence to regulatory standards of service quality.
· Manage the documentation of critical incidents and keep a log of the updates.
· Participate in incident reporting committees and team meetings to determine annual goals.
· Update weekly caseload breakdowns and assign new clients to Case Managers.
· Organize and maintain up to date spreadsheets to track progress and updates related to performance measurements.
· Provide feedback to the 3rd street shelter program on their adherence to organizational and regulatory standards of service quality, documentation quality, and compliance requirements.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Director of Social Services or Program Director.
1. Bachelor’s Degree
2. Minimum of two years’ experience in human services, consulting, evaluation, homeless services, quality assurance, or related field.
3. Experience working with adults with mental health and/or substance use issues, preferably in homeless shelters or supportive housing.
4. Strong quantitative, Microsoft Excel skills and knowledge of case management software.
5. Bilingual or multilingual a plus.
To apply: Submit resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Our long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other protective basis to the extent required by applicable federal, state and local laws.