Project Renewal is a leading nonprofit organization known for its creative and entrepreneurial approach to ending homelessness in New York City. Our programs empower homeless and at-risk men, women and children by giving them everything they need to attain health, homes, and jobs. Through innovative and comprehensive wraparound social services, Project Renewal addresses the needs of 15,000 clients each year. We meet the most vulnerable New Yorkers where they are and provide them with the tools they need, buttressing their capacity to live independently.
Program Evaluation and Quality Assurance (PEQA) was formed in 2011 to design, implement, and manage the organization’s performance measurement and management systems, as well as support the agency’s needs in evaluation and quality assurance. The department’s mission is to enhance the agency’s ability to achieve its mission by developing and facilitating processes and systems that measurably improve the quality and effectiveness of our services and operations, and to support agency leadership in managing towards high performance.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Performance Measurement and Management (PMM)
- Assist with management and publication of organizational dashboards;
- Support development of data collection tools and processes used by programs;
- Collaborate on designing and developing new report and dashboard solutions in conjunction with program leadership and the IT department to ensure that employees at all levels of the organization have the information they need to make decisions;
- Support preparation and facilitation of performance workshops.
- Participate in planning, design, implementation, and follow up of a wide variety of evaluative activities;
- Support evaluation activities through developing tools, documenting processes, and conducting relevant research;
- Analyze and provide feedback on data from a variety of data collection and evaluation activities.
- Collaborate with training, IT, and quality assurance staff to help design and conduct training and other capacity building activities around a variety of topics, including, but not limited to: PMM, database usage, evaluation, and program planning;
- Provide support on a variety of management and evaluation topics;
- Conduct research and analyses as needed to support various PEQA projects;
- Perform analyses for agency-wide data requests.
- Support data integrity and quality assurance efforts;
- Participate as a member of the PEQA team in supporting other departmental efforts that require data and evaluation insight;
- Assist as needed on ad hoc projects.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in a related field preferred
- Knowledge of performance measurement and management approaches
- Strong quantitative skills, experience with data management and statistical software packages (Microsoft Excel, SPSS, Tableau, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to work effectively with multiple stakeholders
- Attention to detail, with strong analytical and project management skills
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Our long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other protective basis to the extent required by applicable federal, state and local laws.