Project Renewal is a leading nonprofit organization known for a creative and entrepreneurial approach to ending homelessness in New York City. Our programs empower homeless and at-risk men, women and children by giving them everything they need to attain health, homes, and jobs. Through innovative, exhaustive, wraparound social services, Project Renewal addresses the needs of 15,000 clients each year. We meet the most vulnerable New Yorker’s where they are and provide them with the tools they need, buttressing their capacity to live independently.
Title: Case Manager
Program: Culinary Arts Training Program
· Screen all program participants, assess their social service and vocational needs, provide application documents to ACCES, and work with service providers to develop and support plans to re-enter the workforce.
· Provide weekly individual and group counseling sessions as well as relapse prevention workshops, and will help participants attain their training and employment goals by ensuring necessary services are provided in a timely manner.
· Act as liaison with employers and treatment personnel to monitor client’s progress.
· Attend and participate in all meetings and service trainings, as well as perform other duties assigned.
Education and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
· 2 years of experience working with individuals who have a history of substance abuse.
· Strong time management and writing skills required.
· Experience with vocational programs, ACCES, and/or food service a plus.
To apply, submit your resume with a cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.