Project Renewal is a leading nonprofit organization known for a creative and entrepreneurial approach to ending homelessness in New York City. Our programs empower homeless and at-risk men, women and children by giving them everything they need to attain health, homes, and jobs. Through innovative, exhaustive, wraparound social services, Project Renewal addresses the needs of 15,000 clients each year. We meet the most vulnerable New Yorker’s where they are and provide them with the tools they need, buttressing their capacity to live independently.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but are not limited to:
· Grant accounting, including:
o Analysis of monthly expenditures of federal, state and city grants
o Budget to actual reporting
o Working with program directors in planning and preparing annual budget
o Budget modifications, as needed
o Preparation of monthly closings and grant closeout packages
o Communication with the applicable funding sources
o Preparation and analysis of grant funded program profit and loss Statements, explanations of variances
o Program budget development
· General accounting journal entries related to personnel and fringe benefits
Expenditures and grant closeouts and adjusting entries as necessary.
· Maintain budget information and entry into general ledger
· Provide projections of expenses from beginning of the fiscal year to year end
· Responding to request for city, state, federal for appropriate documentation.
· Preparing schedules and documentation as requested by auditors
· Other projects as may be assigned.
· Minimum 2 years’ experience in grants or general accounting
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
· Knowledge of MIP accounting software
· Experience working in a Not-for-Profit work environment
· Experience working with NYC DHS, HRA, HRSA contracts
Salary Range: $42,000 to $47,000 dependent upon experience
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org
All qualified candidates are encouraged apply!
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.