Project Renewal is a leading nonprofit organization known for a creative and entrepreneurial approach to ending homelessness in New York City. Our programs empower homeless and at-risk men, women and children by giving them everything they need to attain health, homes, and jobs. Through innovative, exhaustive, wraparound social services, Project Renewal addresses the needs of 15,000 clients each year. We meet the most vulnerable New Yorker's where they are and provide them with the tools they need, buttressing their capacity to live independently.
Project PRIDE and Team STEPS programs provide assessment and case management services targeted to reduce the length of stay in the shelter and facilitate the transition to community based housing. With a focus on housing placement, individual and group counseling is used to assist clients in enhancing their adult living skills, and connecting to community based healthcare, mental health and substance abuse services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Case Manager include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Provides case management for a caseload of approximately 25 men.
· Conducts intake and psychosocial and substance abuse assessments of clients.
· In collaboration with the client, prepares and monitors the Individual Case Management Plan for each client; identifying short and short-term objectives to be achieved.
· Inputs client information and updates into the CARES system and maintains accurate and up to date written client documentation as required and in accord with city and state guidelines.
· Identifies services and makes referrals of clients for medical care, substance abuse services, and employment services.
· Maintains liaison with representatives from community organizations and service providers.
· Available to respond to emergencies on a 24/7/365 basis, especially after normal work hours and on weekends
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Director.
· All candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
· A Master’s degree in Social Work or other human services field is strongly preferred
· A minimum of three (3) responsible experiences working with mentally ill individuals or homeless individuals with either a diagnosis of mental illness or a substance addiction
· Excellent oral, writing and listening skills.
· Knowledge of case management software as well as a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Our long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other protective basis to the extent required by applicable federal, state and local laws.