Project Renewal is a leading nonprofit organization known for a creative and entrepreneurial approach to ending homelessness in New York City. Our programs empower homeless and at-risk men, women and children by giving them everything they need to attain health, homes, and jobs. Through innovative, exhaustive, wraparound social services, Project Renewal addresses the needs of 15,000 clients each year. We meet the most vulnerable New Yorker's where they are and provide them with the tools they need, buttressing their capacity to live independently.
East Third Street is an emergency men’s shelter whichhelps 175 individuals with substance abuse histories work towards health, sobriety, and, ultimately, permanent housing and employment. In addition to lodging and three meals a day, clients receive comprehensive case management services, plus an array of on-site substance abuse related and health care services provided by different programs; such as Medically Supervised Outpatient Withdrawal Services (MSOWS); Chemical Dependency Crisis Service (CDCS), and Outpatient Recovery Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Clerical Aide include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Performs administrative/secretarial support to the Director and the supervisory staff of the maintenance, social services, and operations departments.
· Processes petty cash reimbursement
· Manages the ADP system for full-time employees, time sheets for part-time employees
· Processes all paperwork for personnel actions, including new hires, separated staff, handling recruitment flyers, and related matters.
· Maintains accurate records of building inspections, incidents, and hospitalizations.
· Organizes and maintains a proper filing system for the office.
· Maintains the records of clients’ mandated savings.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Director.
Education and Skills Requirements
· A High School Diploma or GED.
· A minimum of one (1) year of experience working with homeless individuals or individuals who have been diagnosed with mental illness and or suffering from an addiction to alcohol or illicit drugs
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
· Bi-lingual ability a plus
· Available to work in the evenings and on weekends
To apply, submit your resume with a cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Our long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, age, citizenship status, disability, marital or veteran status, or any other protective basis to the extent required by applicable federal, state and local laws.