Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Case Manager
Program: Fort Washington – Team Pride
The Fort Washington Men’s Shelter is a 200 bed temporary shelter which Project Renewal manages under a contract with the Department of Homeless Services and the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene. Comprehensive psychiatric, medical and case management services are provided to homeless men who have been diagnosed with mental illness and substance abuse.
The Program Director is specifically responsible for the On Site Rehabilitation Services consisting of two approaches-Team PRIDE and Team STEPS. These programs provide assessment and case management services targeted to reduce the length of stay in the shelter and facilitate the transition to community based housing. With a focus on housing placement, individual and group counseling is used to assist clients in enhancing their adult living skills, and connecting to community based healthcare, mental health and substance abuse services.
Under the general direction of the Program Director, the Case Manager is responsible for providing the required assessment, case management, and counseling services to the selected clients to make them able to address their dependencies and assume control of their lives to ultimately live independently and return to permanent or other alternative housing in their communities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Case Manager include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Provides case management for a caseload of approximately 25 men.
· Conducts intake and psychosocial and substance abuse assessments of clients.
· In collaboration with the client, prepares and monitors the Individual Case Management Plan for each client; identifying short and short-term objectives to be achieved.
· Counsels clients through individualized and group sessions on issues such achieving personal goals, finding permanent or alternative housing, maintaining sobriety, medication compliance and employment opportunities.
· Identifies services and makes referrals of clients for medical care, substance abuse services, and employment services.
*Available to respond to emergencies on a 24/7/365 basis, especially after normal work hours and on weekend*
· All candidates must have at least a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university.
· A Master’s degree in Social Work or other human services field is strongly preferred.
· A minimum of three (3) years responsible experience working with mentally ill individuals or homeless individuals with either a diagnosis of mental illness or a substance addiction
· Knowledge of case management softwares as well as a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.