Project Renewal is a non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle homelessness by empowering men and women struggling with addiction and/or mental illness to rebuild their lives with renewed health, homes, and jobs.
Title: Senior Residential Aide
Program: East Third Street Men’s Shelter.
Under the general direction of the Residential Aide Supervisor, the Senior Residential Aide serves as the principal agent of the Residential Aide Supervisor in ensuring that clients perform their daily life skills activities, adhere to their program activities and objectives, and comply with shelter rules and regulations; performs related work.
East Third Street is an emergency men’s shelter which helps 175 individuals with substance abuse histories work towards health, sobriety, and, ultimately, permanent housing and employment. In addition to lodging and three meals a day, clients receive comprehensive case management services, plus an array of on-site substance abuse related and health care services provided by different programs; such as Medically Supervised Outpatient Withdrawal Services, (MSOWS), Chemical Dependency Crisis Service (CDCS), and Outpatient Recovery Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Depending upon the shift, the essential duties of the Senior Residential Aide include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Performs the duties of a Residential Aide.
· Works cooperatively with program staff at all levels to ensure quality of service.
· Performs hourly inspections of the facility and immediate neighborhood, and documents/reports any incidents.
· Assists in the planning and organization of recreational activities, events, and outings.
· Creates and produces monthly recreation calendars as well as flyers and posters publicizing events.
· Coordinates with shift supervisors when staff escorts to events are needed.
· Announces recreational events at weekly house meetings.
· Acts on behalf of Residential Aides Supervisor in Residential Aide Supervisor’s absence.
· Provides crisis intervention and shares accurate pertinent information with appropriate Case Manager and Senior staff.
· High School diploma or GED plus work experience as outlined below.
· A minimum of one (1) year of experience working in an emergency shelter.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
· Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
Certificates and Credentials
· Fire Guard certification F-02 or Fire Safety Coordinator F-80
· Valid NY State Driver’s License with a clean driving record, a plus
To apply, submit your resume with a cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.