Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Intensive Case Manager
Program: Parole Support and Treatment Program (PSTP)
Under the general direction of either the Senior Case Manager or the Senior Housing Counselor, the Intensive Case Manager is responsible for assessing clients to determine what is needed to stabilize them, and working with them to create an Individual Case Management Plan to address these needs, so they can learn to live independently, acquire appropriate housing to enable them to return to the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Case Manager include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Conducts assessments of clients entering the program, assists them in getting entitlements and benefits, and in collaboration with the clients, develop their Independent Service Plans.
· Reviews the progress with the Independent Service Plans every 3 months, and after 6 months works on the housing plan.
· Visits each client at least four (4) times each month to see if he/she is adhering to the goals in the Individual Case Management Plan as well as adjusting to their living arrangements.
· Inputs contact information regarding each client into the CAIRS and IMA systems, making sure that all notes are done by the end of the month.
· Monitors clients to ensure that they are doing well in managing their affairs such as attending programs, staying on their medication plan, managing their budgets, keeping scheduled appointments, not showing any signs of relapsing, and taking action to move to the next level of the Service Plan.
· As appropriate, identifies issues and liaisons with the Housing Counselors to resolve them.
· Participates in weekly meetings with the entire staff to discuss the status of each client in the program.
· Bachelor’s degree with 4 years’ experience working with the mentally ill
· MSW and 2 years working with the mentally ill
· Valid New York State Driver’s License preferred
To apply, submit your resume with a cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.