Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Per Diem – Residential Aide
Program: East Williamsburg
The essential duties of the Residential Aide include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Responsible for the safety and well-being of shelter residents.
· Works cooperatively with program staff at all levels to ensure quality of service.
· Performs hourly inspections of the facility and immediate neighborhood, and documents/reports any incidents.
· Assists in the planning and organization of recreational activities, events, and outings.
· Escorts clients to hospital, housing appointment or other appointments, when necessary.
· Provides crisis intervention and shares accurate pertinent information with appropriate Case Manager and Senior staff.
· Performs other duties as assigned by the Residential Aide Supervisor.
Education and Skills:
· HS Diploma or equivalent
· Minimum 6 months of paid/volunteer experience with a homeless population
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.