Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Team Leader II
Program: New Providence Women’s Shelter
New Providence Women’s Shelter is a 130 bed 24/7 emergency shelter for homeless women diagnosed with mental illness and/or substance abuse. Our comprehensive services include case management, individual and group counseling, recreational activities and housing placement assistance. Additionally, an on-site medical and psychiatric clinic operates Monday through Friday, staffed by a nurse, primary care physician and two psychiatric nurse practitioners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Team Leader include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Performs a thorough assessment of clients being referred to the shelter to determine their appropriateness for our setting within a 24 hour time period and assign to Case Manager.
· Provide guidance and direct supervision to an assigned team of Case Managers to ensure assessments are performed.
· Assists in quality assurance activities to ensure service milestones/program performance goals are met.
· As part of the 6 month after care services, monitors status of clients placed in the community to ensure successful community integration.
· Facilitates the provision of any assistance needed to ensure that clients remain housed.
· Ensures that accurate and up to date clinical documents are being maintained and that required data is being inputted in a timely fashion into the CARES system by the Case Managers.
· Attends and participates in the weekly Case Conference meetings on the status of each client
Education and Skills Requirements
· Master’s Degree in Social Work (LMSW/LCSW preferred but not required)
· A minimum of four years of experience working with homeless Mentally Ill and Chemical Affected also known as (MICA) individuals or other special needs populations.
· The ideal candidate will have at least two years of supervisory experience.
· Knowledge of case management software’s, as well as a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: Careers@projectrenewal.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.