Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and families to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Assistant Shelter Director
Program: Leona Blanche House
Leona Blanche House is and OMH licensed transitional residence that provides housing and rehabilitation supportive services to 53 formerly homeless, chronically mentally ill single adults, some of whom have co-occurring substance abuse disorders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Assistant Shelter Director include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Provide individual supervision to case managers and case aides to ensure the provision of services, including: training, assistance, support, and related clinical interventions, and document supervisory minutes
· Screens admission packets, and conducts interviews for prospective residents.
· Lead in assessing the needs and strengths of residents and helps the assigned case manager work with residents to set goals and objectives
· Ensures that chart documentation is in compliance at all times, review service plans and service plan reviews in a timely fashion.
· Ensure that at least 2 progress notes are written by case managers each week, that reflect goals and objectives identified in consumers’’ service plan.
· Ensures that clients are linked to all necessary ancillary services including psychiatric, medical, and dental treatment, vocational and educational resources, and legal and financial entitlements.
· Provides crisis intervention to ensure the safety of residents and staff
· On call for all clinical and building emergencies
· Master’s Degree in Social Work or a related field
· Minimum two years’ experience working with psychiatric populations, preferably in a residential setting
· Supervisory experience required
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suit
· Knowledge of case management software
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: firstname.lastname@example.org