Title: Certified Recovery Peer Advocate
Program: Samhsa Opioid Prevention Program – The Recovery Center
The Recovery Peer Advocate will provide non-clinical peer support in the Community as well as The Recovery Center. These support services include outreach, client engagement in treatment, reinforcing client’s engagement and connecting clients to community based treatment and recovery services. The Peer Advocate will provide outreach at shelters, drop in centers and medical clinics using education and lived experience to connect people to treatment. The Peer Advocate will be part of a multi-disciplinary support team supervised by the Program Director, a qualified health professional.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of Peer Advocate include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Engaging individuals to consider entering addiction treatment programs
· Raising awareness of existing social and support services and linking individuals to formal recovery supports
· Providing education and training regarding overdose prevention to individuals who have overdosed or at risk for overdosing.
· Modeling coping skills
· Developing recovery plans
· Providing crisis support, especially after periods of hospitalizations or incarceration
· Participating in case conferences
· Providing all documentation required by federal, state and local funders
· Certified Recovery Peer Advocate approved by OASAS.
· Minimum of 1 year working with a homeless population
· HSG or equivalent
· Spanish speaking a plus
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to:email@example.com