Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering individuals and families to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Operations Coordinator
Program: East Third Street Men’s Shelter
East Third Street is an emergency men’s shelter which helps 175 individuals with substance abuse histories work towards health, sobriety, and, ultimately, permanent housing and employment. In addition to lodging and three meals a day, clients receive comprehensive case management services, plus an array of on-site substance abuse related and health care services provided by different programs; such as Medically Supervised Outpatient Withdrawal Services, (MSOWS), Chemical Dependency Crisis Service (CDCS), and Outpatient Recovery Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Operations Coordinator include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Supervise Residential Aides and Senior Residential Aides assigned to the 4pm-12am and 12am-8am shifts to ensure the safety and smooth operation of the shelter.
· Assists the Assistant Director in overseeing departmental tasks and goals as well as overall facility operations.
· Serve as lead manager in the absence of more senior managers.
· Proved wrap-around overtime coverage as needed.
· Perform crisis intervention when required which includes handling Priority One incidents for Kenton Hall while on-site.
· Participate in the design and implementation of program improvements, policies, procedures and other strategic planning efforts.
· Provide emergency first aid/CPR assistance when needed.
· Keeps records and assists staff in updating the client data summary sheets used for weekly/monthly meetings.
· Maintains an updated filing system so files can be easily retrieved and ensures that record keeping criteria are followed.
· Provides training of staff through on-site sessions as well as referrals to outside training sources.
· Provides orientation for new arrivals, informing them of shelter rules and regulations, giving them a tour of the facility, assigning a locker and a bed, and giving them their basic supplies, including sheets, towels and toiletries.
· Participates in case conferences in response to client complaints, using conflict resolution techniques to amicably resolve issues.
1. Associates Degree plus one (1) year of experience working with people diagnosed with mental illness or having addiction or substance use issues.
2. H.S. Diploma or GED plus two (2) years of experience working with people diagnosed with mental illness or having addiction or substance use issues; one (1) of which were in a supervisory capacity.
3. Bachelor’s Degree
4. Fire Guard certification F-02 or Fire Safety Coordinator F-80
5. An ability to interface with clients as well as all levels of staff.
6. Knowledge of case management software as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org