Project Renewal is a leading non-profit organization with the mission of ending the cycle of homelessness by empowering men, women and children to renew their lives with health, homes, and jobs. Our comprehensive and integrated 24/7 programs are designed to offer the holistic care our clients need. With a staff of 950+ and an annual budget of $82 million, Project Renewal is one of the larger social service nonprofits in New York City.
Title: Events and Catering Assistant
Program: City Beet Kitchens
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The essential duties of the Events and Catering Assistant include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Support and collaborate with the Director of Events in the daily operations of City Beet Kitchens.
· Provide exceptional customer service through phone, email to create events from corporate lunches to wedding receptions and nonprofit galas.
· Successfully maintain relationships with existing customers and create long-lasting relationships with new clientele.
· Create daily master/driver schedule to share with all CBK employees.
· Organize, schedule, and return all rental materials for events (tables, chairs, linens, specialty items).
· Hire temporary staff for large events (catering servers, bussers, bartenders, etc.).
· Manage/Captain staff for large events.
· Manage social media accounts (Daily posts and updates on Instagram and Facebook accounts).
· Organize and maintain office systems (Mailings, filing, ordering and record keeping).
· Create and send invoices via Quickbooks.
· Track payments monthly to ensure aging report is up to date.
· Order packaging and supplies for catering deliveries while ensuring all products are cost effective.
· Update and manage the compa
ny website (Squarespace).
· BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
· Strong organizational and administrative skills.
· Must be very detail oriented and able to work independently, self- starter.
· Solid computer skills with knowledge of MS Office, Quickbooks and Social media.
· Strong sales and communication skills, verbal and written.
· 3+ years of food service management and/or catering experience preferred.
· Ability to manage teams (drivers, kitchen, and onsite event staff).
· Experience with Squarespace and Catering Software a plus.
To apply: e-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Project Renewal is an equal opportunity employer. Its long-standing policy has been to embrace the equality of opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to actual or perceived race, color, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, religion or creed, gender (see separately issued Gender Discrimination policy for more detail), physical or mental disability, age (18 and over), military status, arrest record, marital status, domestic partnership status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, sexual orientation, status as a victim or witness of domestic violence, sex offenses or stalking, unemployment status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.