Title: Building Manager
Program: Fletcher Residence / Renewal House (collectively, “491 Fletcher”)
Fletcher Residence is a single-room occupancy transitional residence providing housing for 55 formerly homeless single adults with chronic mental illness, some of whom are dually-diagnosed with a substance abuse disorder.
Renewal House is a 50-bed transitional residence for individuals in recovery from substance abuse.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Building Manager include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Train, supervise, and direct two full-time maintenance staffers to:
o Perform a variety of tasks including cleaning, mopping, stripping, waxing, and buffing floors.
o Attend to the exterior of the building, which includes sweeping and cleaning the sidewalks, as well as performing snow removal, de-icing and salting functions when necessary.
o Maintain and trim trees and shrubs, mow grass, and otherwise maintain all program greenery
o Utilize trash compactor and perform garbage removal in accordance with the established schedule
o Adhere to the NYC recycling program
o Clean and sanitize bathrooms; sweep and dust specified areas
o Paint and perform minor repair work
· Prioritize and ensure the timely completion of all work requests (“Work Orders”)
· Assists / trains custodial staff in the completion of Work Order requests for minor repairs in the tenants’ apartments.
· Conduct monthly inventory of all janitorial and building supplies and prepare supply and equipment requisitions for submission to the appropriate Program Director for approval
· Supervise and assist custodial staff in the preparation of resident rooms in anticipation of new client move-ins, consisting of: bagging personal belongings and storing for a minimum of 30 days
· Supervise and assist custodial staff with the resident’s move in and move out process; may assist tenants in moving furniture into and out of the apartments
· Conduct CO/Smoke Detector checks every two weeks in all vacant units and sign off in the appropriate binders; replace the batteries in smoke detectors and carbon monoxide devices to ensure that all are functioning properly
· Replaces furniture provided by the building such as refrigerators, bedframes, air conditioners, mattresses, tables, chairs, bureaus and televisions as needed and upon new tenant move in
· Receive, inventory, and organize all janitorial and maintenance supplies (or any other deliveries that come to the building), store them in appropriate storage areas, and notify the appropriate Program Director of the intake of these items within two business days
· Conduct maintenance staff meetings and provide individual supervision, as needed, or as specified by the Program Director(s)
· Supervise all contractors and service personnel who come on-site for building-related issues, assuring that they have presented proper ID and have signed in at the Front Desk
· Respond appropriately and in a timely fashion to all emergencies (e.g., breakages, leaks, assorted building issues, etc.) and contact appropriate contractors and service providers for assistance in accordance with existing contracts and in cases where the response required is more than can be handled by on-site staff
· Develop building-wide knowledge of all mechanical systems
· Assemble any office furniture, recreation equipment, etc., that is delivered and promptly dispose of all containers and materials as appropriate
· Clean and organize common areas as directed in preparation for meetings and special events; clean as necessary and restore the space to its normal state in a timely fashion afterwards
· Inform Program Director(s) of scheduled or emergency work being done by contractors or PRI personnel, and inform them when personnel arrive on-site
· Maintain all storage and utility rooms in a clean and organized fashion
· Available to respond 24/7/365 via phone to building emergencies, and to provide on-site coverage, as needed
· Performs other duties as assigned by Program Director(s)
· High school diploma or GED
· A minimum of six months experience doing repair, painting and maintenance work. An ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing
· Boiler certification, P99
· City Wide Standpipe System, S-13 (must be obtained within six months of start date)
· City Wide Sprinkler system, S-12 (must be obtained within six months of start date)
· 10-hour OSHA certificate
· Driver License, Class D must be kept in good standing for the duration of employment
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: email@example.com