Title: Team Leader II
Program: New Providence Women’s Shelter
New Providence Women’s Shelter is a 130 bed 24/7 emergency shelter for homeless women diagnosed with mental illness and/or substance abuse. Our comprehensive services include case management, individual and group counseling, recreational activities and housing placement assistance. Additionally, an on-site medical and psychiatric clinic operates Monday through Friday, staffed by a nurse, primary care physician and two psychiatric nurse practitioners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Team Leader include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Performs a thorough assessment of clients being referred to the shelter to determine their appropriateness for our setting within a 24 hour time period and assign to Case Manager.
· Provide guidance and direct supervision to an assigned team of Case Managers to ensure assessments are performed.
· Assists in quality assurance activities to ensure service milestones/program performance goals are met.
· As part of the 6 month after care services, monitors status of clients placed in the community to ensure successful community integration.
· Facilitates the provision of any assistance needed to ensure that clients remain housed.
· Ensures that accurate and up to date clinical documents are being maintained and that required data is being inputted in a timely fashion into the CARES system by the Case Managers.
· Attends and participates in the weekly Case Conference meetings on the status of each client
Education and Skills Requirements
· Master’s Degree in Social Work (LMSW/LCSW preferred but not required)
· A minimum of four years of experience working with homeless Mentally Ill and Chemical Affected also known as (MICA) individuals or other special needs populations.
· The ideal candidate will have at least two years of supervisory experience.
· Knowledge of case management software’s, as well as a proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
To apply: e-mail resume with cover letter indicating position and salary requirements: Careers@projectrenewal.org