Title: Senior Employment and Vocational Specialist
Program: Next Step
Next Step, Project Renewal’s award-winning Job Placement program, places homeless, formerly homeless, and low-income individuals in competitive employment. Next Step’s Employment & Vocational Specialists are a vital part of the dynamic team that provides job readiness and job placement services to our client base. The Senior Employment & Vocational Specialist manages a team of job developers while also working directly with clients to develop realistic, individualized job-search plans which accurately reflect the client’s professional skills and interests. He/she will spend time each week in the field visiting prospective employers and developing employer relationships. She/he will also research job search databases to identify interview opportunities for individual clients. The Sr. Employment & Vocational Specialist will then work closely with clients to set up interviews and coach them through the job search process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential duties of the Senior Employment and Vocational Specialist include but are not limited to the following activities:
· Managing a team of job developers and ensuring team outcomes meet program placement goals
· Establishing a network of employers across various sectors, specifically aligned with the skills and interests of clients, who will provide job opportunities
· Maintaining timely and detailed case records for each client in the Salesforce and other required systems, including documenting job search and follow-up activity
· Managing a caseload of clients and meeting job placement goals
· Training staff on placement best practices and developing creative solutions to staff and client barriers to outcomes
· Meeting with clients individually to develop a customized job search plan
· Assisting clients in developing their job readiness skills and preparing them for the workforce through mock interviews, application writing, resume development, and job readiness workshops
· Maintaining reports and documentation needed track outcomes for program funders
· Representing Project Renewal at job fairs and other public forums
· Coordinating recruitment and hiring events with employer network
· Following up on job placements with supporting documentation to monitor employer and client satisfaction
· B.A. in human resources, social work, business or marketing preferred. Other degrees will be considered.
· Prior experience in sales, social work or human resources preferred.
· Ability to effectively develop job orders for low-skilled job seekers required.
· Prior experience managing projects or teams.
· Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to professionally interact with a wide range of diverse individuals required.
· Computer proficiency is a must.
To apply: E-mail resume and cover letter indicating position and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org